Spring is in the air......

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fried Chick Peas


Happy Thursday! - hope you're having a great week & that you're getting ready for something fun this weekend:)

We've just been working our tooshies off out here on the farm.  I feel like spring will be here before we know it -  Check out the daffodils popping up out front:



- is it really Feb??  ......soon I'll be starting my baby crops - I can't wait!

With all this work out here on the farm I can get pretty hungry - & pretty cranky if I don't eat enough. (oh fam.....can I get a witness?!)   Everyone around me is a lot happier if my blood sugar is stabilized, and I really can't blame them!! - I am too!

On that note, one of my new favorite snacks is these fried chick peas.  Not only are they delicious but they're also packed with protein to keep me smiling all day long! Plus, you can whip them up super fast. I first had these at an indian fusion restaurant in s.f. & since then can't get enough.  Try 'em out for a snack that will keep you goin' all afternoon long!

Fried Chickpeas
1.  First, drain and rinse off a can of chickpeas.


2.  In a large skillet, heat up about 4 Tbsp. of olive oil.  Once it's hot, add in the chickpeas (you can check to see if the oil's hot enough by splashing in a TINY bit of water).


3.  Fry 'em up for 10-15 minutes - more or less depending on your taste.  (I made them reeeeally crispy this time.) - I recommend checking them every few minutes at first to see how you like 'em.

4.  Once they are crispy enough for you, drain them on a few paper towels to get rid of the oil:


5. Sprinkle with salt.  I also added some paprika, & last time I topped them with some minced garlic.  You can get creative depending on what you like!   ENjoy!!





"Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul." - The Koran

No comments:

Post a Comment