Spring is in the air......

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Huckleberry Pudding


I couldn't end the shared recipes without sharing this one with you all.  It is soooo delicious!  This is definitely one of my favorites from childhood, made by another great chef I know - my mom!  She is never afraid to try something new in the kitchen:)  I remember when my mom made this, I used to sneak when she was out of the kitchen & drink the sauce!! (kind of gross I know..... but I couldn't get enough:))

If you want something delicious and comforting, here's the ticket.  Another great one shared by my mom.  Grammy gave me the recipe and told me that it was originally from my great-great grandmother - so here's some tradition for you family:) - Whip some up to feel right back at home again.

Huckleberry Pudding
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  Make your egg substitute by combining 1 Tbsp. of flax gel and 3 Tbsp. of hot water.   Stir it up well & let it sit for a few minutes until it has a gelled consistency:


3.  In another large bowl, combine: 1 cup of gluten-free flour mix, 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp of baking soda:


4.  In a smaller bowl combine: 3/4 cup of brown sugar (or substitute), 1/4 cup of butter substitute, and the flax gel (egg sub).  Mix this up well & combine with the dry ingredients:


5.  Wash off & add a pint of huckleberries or blueberries:


6.  Pout this into a square greased baking pan & bake for 30 minutes.
7.  To make the delicious topping, in a small saucepan combine 3/4 cup brown sugar(or 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup), 1/4 cup of butter, 1 Tbsp. of cornstarch, and 1 cup of water.  Bring to a boil & lower heat.  Cook until it thickens up & take it off of the heat.   Stir in 1/2 tsp of vanilla:


Slice up the cake & cover with the topping - it is soooooo good!  ENjoy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment