Spring is in the air......

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Vegan Gluten-Free Oatmeal Pancakes


Yum! These were some delicious pancakes.  Especially considering it's been awhile since I've had anything close to delicious pancakes.  I have been trying to make gluten-free vegan pancakes for quite sometime - with rice flours, coconut flour, almond flour, and who knows what else.......always either water, chalky or mushy (and not in a good way)

WELL, not anymore!! These pancakes are delicious:)!!
....Not only are they delicious, they were really quick and easy to make and they can be enjoyed by just about anyone.   So, enjoy your Sunday and mix up a batch of the yummy pancakes any time of day!
I think you'll like them just as much as I did!



Vegan Gluten-Free Oatmeal Pancakes
I found this recipe here (THANK you food.com!!): http://www.food.com/recipe/vegan-oatmeal-pancakes-329664 and added a thing or two.
This recipe makes enough for two.

1.  In a blender or food processor grind up 2/3 cup of gluten-free oatmeal.


Once well ground pour into mixing bowl.
2.  Add in 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 2 Tbsp. cane sugar.  Mix well.
3.  Add in 2/3 cup water or almond milk (or substitute) and 1 tsp. vanilla extract & stir.
4.  Pour onto a greased frying pan or griddle to make your pancakes:


Cook for a few minuted on each side until well browned how you like 'em.
ENjoy!  I had mine with some blueberries & bananas and some maple cream (Thanks Grammy!)

"Our food should be our medicine, and our medicine should be our food" -- Hippocrates


-check out these bad boys I just made (3/26) - I used honey instead of sugar & they were deeeelicious!

1 comment:

  1. I made these again this morning & they are SO good - made my Saturday!

    ReplyDelete