Spring is in the air......

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Veggie Penne Pasta, Apple Walnut Salad & Sesame-Crusted Oyster Mushroom Calamari: Last Night's Dinner

Mmmm, this was delicious!! And it made me feel full of good energy afterwards - try it out tonight!  It's pretty fast and easy, especially if you can get everyone else to help cook!


Last night I had dinner with someone who stopped eating meat, & it made me much more conscious about what I was eating......And it made me think that I could eat vegeterian a few nights a week.  It would be better for my health & I notice that whenever I eat all veggie, I feel less heavy full and more energy full.
SO, if you want, give it a try.  You could also add some meat to your pasta if you can't live without it!!
Here's last night dinner:




Crunchy Veggie Pasta w/ Rice Penne Pasta
Boil water, and cook rice pasta according to directions.  We used penne rice pasta, but use whatever you like.
Boil another pot of water w/ steamer on top for veggies.  Or you can use a steamer if you have one....
While the pasta is cooking, start chopping up your veggies (or get someone else to chop for you!): 3 rainbow carrots, 1-2 small heads bok choy, 1 head broccoli, bunch spinach, and 4 scallions (including part of stems -as much as you like).
Now steam for only like 3 minutes, to keep everything crispy and full of flavor.  Remove from heat so it doesn't get soggy.
Drain pasta, and combine w/ veggies.  Add some good olive oil, salt & pepper, & toss to coat.

Green Salad w/ Apples & Walnuts
Wash & add mixed greens to bowl.
Chop up one or two red apples, and a hand full of walnuts & add to salad.
Add some honey mustard dressing & toss to coat.
YUM!


Sesame-Crusted Fried Oyster Mushroom Calamari:
from and earlier post.......
http://recipeswecanalleat.blogspot.com/2011/01/start-of-food-we-can-all-eat.html

(Scroll down on link page for recipe!)





No comments:

Post a Comment