Spring is in the air......

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Delicious Layer Dip


This dip is delicious, and it disappears fast!  My Aunt K used to make this 7 layer dip all of the time, for parties, and I LOVE it.  So, I decided that before the Superbowl I was going to try and make a version that I could eat.  I wanted to add fake cheese and sour cream, but it didn't really work out.   The cheese that I tried to make was less than cheezy, and the sour cream was something that looked more like mashed potatoes or a preschool project:



ok, I am dissing this particular attempt at fake sour cream  - if someone can make it taste good, maybe I'll change my bad review....
Anyone know any good fake sour cream???? I'm open to suggestions:)

SO, It turned into more of a 5 layer dip, but it was still delicious!! I did make it for the superbowl game and it was really good - try it out!!



Delicious Vegan Layer Dip
1. In a small pot, reheat a can of refried beans (or you can make your own if you're feeling ambitious - I wasn't so much!).
2.  Once heated, spread these on the bottom of a baking dish.
3.  Next, you can add some mango salsa - this was so good! (If you can have it use reg. tomato salsa if you want here)
4.  Add a layer of guacamole (I used 3 avocados in mine) - from the recipe before: http://recipeswecanalleat.blogspot.com/2011/02/guac-fresh-corn-chips.html
5.  Slice up some olives, cilantro, and scallions and add these as a top layer.  The second time I made it I added a layer of black beans too - yum!
Serve with corn chips & ENjoy!  We did!



2 comments:

  1. i do know a good vegan sour cream!!! Its by Nancy's (how ironic). I am not sure if it has soy in it, though, so I will get back to you on that after my next whole foods trip. Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks care - it would be:) I haven't seen that anywhere - By the way, you also inspired me to make this b/c I know it's one of your specialties!!

    ReplyDelete