Spring is in the air......

Friday, June 3, 2011

Aunt Karen's Fiesta Salad


When I was just home for my sister's graduation party....and cousin Jan's too bytheway:



Go hotdog pharaoh & princess jam!!

....my Aunt Karen made this delicious fiesta salad.  It was so good!  Aunt Karen is such a great cook & she always come up with something new and tasty to make:)  Try it out tonight for a healthy salad to go with you bbq or dinner.

And, if you can't have the tomatoes, just leave 'em out - it's still delish!!

Aunt Karen's Fiesta Salad
This makes enough for 4-6 (double as needed:)).
1.  I roasted 1 ear of corn on the grill (b/c we were already using it).  You can also just use one can of fresh corn.
2.  Chop up 1 medium sized tomato - I used this heirloom:

and add it to a large bowl.

3.  Now chop up one avocado into chunks like this:


4.  Add the avocado to the salad, along with: 1 can of black beans and the corn cut off of your grilled ear OR one can of corn.  Stir in 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro, fresh ground pepper, salt and about 2 tsp. of olive oil.  

Here it is one more time - ENjoy!! Thanks Aunt Karen!


**And since this is Aunt Karen's Fiesta salad, I have to make a change to an older Aunt Karen recipe I posted here - her cabbage salad.   This is soooo good & I found out that originally it was Aunt Gina's Cabbage Salad & so I gave her the credit too:): http://recipeswecanalleat.blogspot.com/2011/02/aunt-karens-cabbage-salad.html  Thanks Aunt Gina!! & Aunt Karen - that is some good salad!!


No comments:

Post a Comment