Spring is in the air......

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Louise's Cranberry Delight


Here's another great recipe from my Grammy Louise.  She is one of the best chefs I know with many of the BEST recipes!   This Cranberry Delight is one of my favorites:) - delish & super easy to whip up.
  If you can read the recipe here (you have great eyesight), go for it!:


I did make a few substitutions, but you can go whichever way you like!

1.  Wash and drain a full package of fresh or frozen cranberries:


2.  Grind 'em up  - I used a blender, and combine with 1 cup of sugar.  If you want to make it a bit healthier, try 1/2 cup of honey or another sugar substitute:):


3.  Stir in 1 and 1/2 cups of crushed pineapple and if you want: 1 to 2 cups of mini marshmallows (I skipped this to keep it vegan - either way it's delicious!)
4.  Now all in a package OR can of whipped topping substitute.  I used this Soyatoo! brand soy whip and it was sooooo good!:


5.  Stir it all up and it will look something like this:


Let it chill in the fridge for about an hour - until it's gelled - ENjoy!!  Thanks Grammy! love you lots!

2 comments:

  1. oops! i had forgotten this recipe - glad you liked it!
    love you, grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grammy!! love you too - this is some good salad!

    ReplyDelete