Spring is in the air......

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

New Food Contest & more........

So guys, Happy OCTOBER! I know I said I was going to be posting once a week or so, then I got trapped in an RV with no internet:)....oh the joys of trying to get a home!  I can't wait til the day that I have some keys in my hand for my own front door!!!  Til then, I'm, a gypsy with an RV up north in the wilderness........what a trip.  Seriously, if you need a laugh, give m a call:)

Now I'm back in O-town for a few days,  (due to some rv difficulties)  so I have access to the real world & internet again - woohoo!!  And I'll try & blog once or twice before I go back into the void.

We do have a beautiful view though:
right in the middle of the redwoods, & that's about it!....

Here's my delicious RV salad:

And, here's a great recipe I found for gluten-free cinnamon rolls - they were reeeeally delicious!  You have to try them out if you've been craving something sweet & yummy: http://www.food.com/recipe/cinnabon-ish-cinnamon-rolls-gluten-free-376575  I wanted to post a picture here, but they were gone before I had a chance - I'll be sure to add one when I make 'em again:) 

AND, in case you didn't see it already, there's a new FOOD PHOTO CONTEST 
(details on the side------------------------------------------------------>)

The DEADLINE is November 10, 2011 - So send me pictures of your meals, treats, desserts, drinks & other culinary creations (you can just use your cell phone......it's oh so easy:)) to ellenmillaine@gmail.com

I'll post all the pictures here & the WINNING PHOTO gets a PRIZE in the mail!!!!

I've already recieved some great entries - (some from people who've never entered before!) - so, send me those pics! - I can't wait to see them all!!

In the meantime, keep cooking & have a fabulous day!  

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meaness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.
Be 
grateful for whomever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.
Jalal ad-Din Rumi


No comments:

Post a Comment