Spring is in the air......

Friday, April 1, 2011

Meditation Time


Meditation:  Not only is it great for your mind, it's great for your body too. It can also be really helpful n dealing with eczema, & other stress related conditions.   I have been meditating sporadically for awhile and felt some benefits.  But I was inspired more recently to bring meditation into my life by a book my dad bought: "Real Happiness: The Power of Meditation - A 28 day Program" by Sharon Salzberg.  It also comes w/ a CD where she guides you through some meditations - very helpful!  Thanks Dad for opening my eyes to this:)



I have to say, meditation has done wonders for me!  Every day I feel more peaceful, calmer & more balanced.  Every experience I have seems more connected.
Try it out if out don't believe me!  - And let me know how it goes:)

Here's a shorter guided meditation from Dr. Pillal you can try out - concentrating on your chakras.  (There are lots on youtube you can check out:)


And another one from Dr. Andrew Weil:


There are many longer guided meditations available - you may have to invest in a CD, but do some research if you're interested:)

Really, if you can just meditate for 20 minutes 3 times a week you will feel some reeeeeal benefits.


ENjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment