Spring is in the air......

Friday, April 1, 2011

Sun Tea!



"Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world." - T'ien Yiheng

We were lucky enough to have another beeeeautiful day in Northern CA, and I brewed up a little sun tea!  This was so refreshing & delicious - whenever I drink this I feel like I'm taking in a little of the sun too:)



My mom and Meg have always inspired me with their own sun tea brews, and I hope I can inspired you to make some too!  Even if it's not hot enough to do it outside, you could put your tea in on a sunny windowsill to brew up too.

Sun Tea Recipe
1.  Fill up a large pitcher with water & add 5-7 tea bags (usually 5 is plenty for me, but it depends on your taste).  I used African Red Bush Tea; you can use whatever tea you wish, really: black, green, flavored - the possibilities are endless.......!
2.  You could also chop up some fruit to add, or mint. You may even want to add some honey or sweetener if you want.   I added in two sliced mandarins & it was delicious!!
3.  Let it brew for an hour or more - to soak up the sun & the flavors.....ENjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment