Spring is in the air......

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cucumber Olive Tofu Dip


This was so yummy & really fresh tasting - I used fresh parsley from the garden & it was soooo good!

Another great one I borrowed from "1,000 Vegan Recipes" & tweaked a bit:)  It was really creamy & you couldn't even taste the tofu (I just used a little).  If you can't have soy, just eliminate this & I'm sure it'll still be delicious!

Great for crackers, veggies, chips,.............

Cucumber Olive Tofu Dip

1.  In a blender or food processor, combine 1/2 cucumber (peeled & chopped up), 1 garlic clove, and 1 cup of pitted green or black olives - depending on your taste.  I also added in a few kalamata olives.  


2. Add in about 6 ounces of firm tofu, 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, 2 Tbsp. of fresh lemon juice, a little salt & as much cayenne pepper as you like ( I used about 1/2 tsp.).  Blend/process all of this until smooth & pour it into a bowl to refrigerate: 


Chill for at least an hour & ENjoy!  I mixed in a few chopped olives (green & kalamata) at the end too.

2 comments:

  1. this look so yummy smell! i have to make it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS! You Should! I bet you would love it - & it was quick to whip up:)

    ReplyDelete