Spring is in the air......

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

GRAPEFRUIT 2 WAYS: Grapefruit Brulee & Grapefruit w/ Powdered Sugar



"A smiling face is half the meal" - Latvian proverb

Both delicious - both easy to make.  Try one out for breakfast, a yummy snack, or dessert - you will love it!




First, Grapefruit Brulee.  My middle sis told me awhile back how good this was, and if you haven't tried it yet you realllly should!  It was so good - easy to make and it made me feel so fancy pants when I was eating it:)

Grapefruit Brulee
One grapefruit is enough for 2.
1.  Turn the broiler on in your oven.  Cut a grapefruit in half, so that the segments are easy to pull out.  And then cut around the outside of the segments so that you can eat it w/ a spoon:


2.  Cover the entire top of the grapefruit with granulated sugar (I tried brown but it didn't caramelize as well).  Now put it under the broiler for about 5 minutes:


Keep an eye on it & cook until browned - ENjoy!!

Grapefruit w/ Powdered Sugar
This is one of my all time favorites that my Grammy used to make!  I love it!! - It's soooo easy - just one step really:) and so tasty.
1.  Cut up 1/2 a grapefruit so that the segments are easy to pull out with a spoon.  Cover with a light layer of powdered sugar & ENjoY!!:

No comments:

Post a Comment