Spring is in the air......

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mango Salsa


If you're getting tired of the same old tomato salsa, or had to give up tomatoes because you're allergic, here's a salsa for you.  I have been buying a pre-made mango salsa at the store, and everyone who tries it loves it.  It does get a little pricey though, so I decided to try and make my own version.......and it was delicious!!


Try it out for a snack or side to go with you're fiesta tonight!

Mango Salsa
This made a small bowl of salsa, use a few mangoes if you're feeding a crowd:)
1.  Slice the sides of the mango away from the pit I cut them into cubes like this & then slices them off the side to make it easier:


2.  Throw this into a bowl :


Now add: 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup chopped red onion, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, I cloves chopped garlic, 1 Tsp. cayenne pepper, salt and fresh pepper to taste.  (You can eliminate the cayenne pepper, garlic, pepper & onion if you want it less spicy; or if you can't have these.)
3.  Stir it up & ENjoy!!


It was sooo good.

Just have to give a shout out:  HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LIZ - Hope you are having a wild adventure in Yosemite!!

and to my b.f.f  J.T. - HAPPY 29th, you don't look a day over 21!  - it's good to know that if I have nothing nice to say at all I can come and sit next to you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment