Spring is in the air......

Monday, May 23, 2011

Gluten-Free Strawberry Blueberry Cobbler



"Life is so brief that we should not glance either too far backwards or forwards.......therefore study how to fix our happiness in our glass and in our plate." - Grimod de la Reyniere


Happy Monday!
Just wanted to send out a call for some of your favorite**RECIPES** - next week I'm going to do another week of SHARED RECIPES.  All of my friends & family are so sweet & have been giving/sending me lots of great recipes 'We can all eat'......if you have one or two you want to share here (or want me to adapt so that everyone can eat them) - send 'em to me at ellenmillaine@gmail.com, and you may soon see them RIGHT HERE!!


And, I guess I'm going strawberries now! I got a 3-pack of strawberries at the Farmer's Market this weekend & they were so delicious  - First I made some Strawberry Blueberry Cobbler, and then I made some yummy strawberry sorbet (check out the next recipe:) - they were both so sweet & refreshing - try 'em out for a quick healthy treat!


Strawberry Blueberry Cobbler
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  Cut up about 3 cups of fresh strawberries.  Throw them in a bowl and add in 1/8 cup of honey and a dash or two of cinnamon.  I then added in about a cup of frozen blueberries. (you can leave these out if you wanna keep it strictly strawberry, or add some other fruit or berries you have lying around).  Stir it all up to coat.


3.  Pour the berries into a square baking dish:


4.  To make the topping, in a small bowl combine: 3/4 cup rice flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and 3-4 Tbsp. of butter substitute (to make it crumbly).  Combine this with your hand or a fork.  Now sprinkle the topping over the fruit.


5.  Bake for 20 minues & ENjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment