Spring is in the air......

Monday, January 24, 2011

Great Oatmeal Cookie Bars Everyone Can Enjoy!

Laughter is brightest in the place where food is." - Irish proverb



So, I didn't exactly make these delicious cookies from scratch, I had a little help.  I did mix the ingredients, and bake it all up, but I also used a prepared 'Oatmeal Spice Cookie Mix' from "the pure pantry".  Hey, I needed my cookies!! I'll list the ingredients in the mix below here, and I'm going to do some experimenting of my own so that soon I can bring you another great oatmeal cookie recipe from scratch.
For now, here's the delicious Oatmeal Cookie Bar Recipe:



Oatmeal Cookie Bar
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup of butter substitute (I used "Natural Balance' soy-free spread - one of the only soy-free substitutes I have found).  Start mixing & softening this up - I used my handy-dandy mixer.

Once it looks slightly whipped, add 1 tsp. of vanilla, and 3/4 cup of almond milk.
After all of this is fully mixed, add in the prepared cookie mix:

.....which contains: gluten free oats, cane juice, brown rice flour, potato starch flour, white rice flour, organic corn flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, & xanthan gum.   Mix until well incorporated.  I then stirred in about 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.  You could also add raisins, chocolate chips, or other nuts here.

Now, you can either spoon the cookies out onto sheets, and bake for 12-15 minutes to make regular cookies.  OR, you can do like I did and pour the batter out into an 9x9 square glass baking dish to make cookie bars.  These take 30-35 minutes to bake.
cookies done - I almost started eating them b/f taking a picture, then I put them back together:)

That's it -pretty easy, especially with the mix.  Oatmeal cookie bars to keep you warm on a cold day! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment