Spring is in the air......

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

LOTION that LOVES your skin! - especially for eczema!


Lately, I have been using a loooot of lotion.  And I know it's dry inside in other parts of the country - seeeing that it is so cold! Making your skin dry as well..... I feel for you Philly, Boston, NY, NEPA!!
Also, since my skin is so sensitive, lots of lotions end up having additives I can't tolerate.  So, if you're like me & you don't want to spend a fortune on moisturizing and protecting your skin, here's the lotion recipe for you!  It smells and feels great, & I think you'll really like what it does to your skin.  Ever since I started making it, I can't get enough! 


LOTION that LOVES your SKIN
Boil water in a a double-boiler pot.  If you don't have one you can make your own, like I did:


Boil the water below at a medium high heat, and you'll add all of the ingredients you choose to use.
For the base: add to top bowl, either 3/4 cup of raw shea butter or raw coco butter &  1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (or other oil - like hemp, grapeseed oil, sunflower oil, etc. - you could also do a combination of these.  
Keep stirring this mixture until it is all melted down & completely incorporated.   


Then I added, some fresh chamomile from outside (pic. above), peppermint essential oil, & lavender essential oil. Stir this in & remove from heat.  Now add in about 1/4 cup of flax seed oil if you like.
Stir together, and pour through a sieve before pouring in to desired container/s.  
Now, place containers in the freezer, until the liquid inside has hardened.  And, voila! -  you have homemade lotion, and it was done in a flash!  Not only that but it's great for your skin & feels amazing!

You could add different types of essential oils as well.  I used lavender because it's calming, and peppermint because it's cooling - both great for eczema.  You could try different oils or herbs, just strain the liquid before putting it into your container so there aren't any chunks in the lotion.  Experiment, experiment, experiment!!  
**And don't forget to post a COMMENT & let me know how it turned out!
Happy moisturizing........



"I'm no longer afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my own ship" --  Louisa May Alcott

4 comments:

  1. can you send me more of this pretty please! i've used up my whole tin and i love it and would love to have more! i'll pay you (in loveeeee) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure - I will the next batch - or if you're feeling frisky you can whip some up - it's pretty darn easy!
    i guess love will work for now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if it's not too much to ask, could you send me some telepathically so i actually have a chance of getting it :) i think i might just have to try to make some

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I forgot!! You may have to go to the P.O. in Florida to pick it up - yes, you will have to make some of your own for now - it's easy try it out - you can give some to T-money's mom

    ReplyDelete