Spring is in the air......

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cali Salad



"We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are."  
 - Adelle Davis


Just by accident I added some of Cali's best to this salad & it turned into something really delicious - so of course I had to share it with you here.   It's pretty easy & chill - just like the state:).....filled with avocado, mixed raisins, sprouts, and almonds -  this is one yummy treat!



Everything in the salad was home grown right here in Cali - but you can make it up wherever you are.  Filled with lots of fruits and nuts......As my Gram DeWitt would say, just like California!!


Cali Salad
1.  In a large bowl, combine: a few handfuls of fresh greens (I got mine from the backyard), a handful of sprouts, 1/2 cup of golden and regular raisins (mixed), and one sliced up avocado.   In the end I threw on some sliced avocados.
2.  Add dressing if your choice & ENjoy!! ( I used vegan poppy seed --  delicious!)

No comments:

Post a Comment