Spring is in the air......

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Vegan Gluten-Free Carrot Cake


"May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live." - Irish Blessing

HAPPY SAINT PADDY'S DAY!!!!!!   

Have a green beer for me if you can!   And, if you want you can try making some of this amazing Carrot Cake - I know it's not green but it is deeeeelicious!




Vegan Gluten-Free Carrot Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a  large bowl, Mix together: 2 cups rice flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp. baking soda, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ground allspice or nutmeg, and 1 tsp. salt



2. In a separate bowl: mix 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup almond milk (or sub), 1/2 canola oil, 1/4 cup maple syrup, and tsp. vanilla extract.  





3.  Stir into dry mix.  Then add in 1/2 cup golden (or reg.) rasins and 2 cups finely (or not!) shredded carrots.




4.  Bake for about 45 minutes - check the center w/ a knife to see if it's done:)




5.  If you want frosting, I made mine by combining about 1 cup of confectioner's sugar, 3 Tbsp. soy-free butter substitute, 1 Tsp. vanilla extract.  Mix it up & if you need more sugar or liquid, add it.  I also added in some chopped walnuts.


I made it for my fam. and they liked it:) - Fancy Nancy said she might also add some pineapple or shredded coconut - sounds good to me! ..........Experiment!!


YUM!! ~ ENjoy ~

4 comments:

  1. this carrot cake is SO good - try it - and add the crushed pineapple and
    some coconut!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!!!!! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh fancy nancy, this carrot cake was yummy in my tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys;) you should make some! - I made them as carrot cake muffins too and they were deeeelicious!

    ReplyDelete