Spring is in the air......

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Muddy Buddies", really "Puppy Chow", AKA "Reindeer Ears"


Welllll, I'M BACK!!
After a short hiatus on the East side of things, I'm back to Cali. & I'm sharing some of the food!!



I was on the East side for about a week - in Philthy
....now I feel  a lot tougher..........
and NEPA & I had a BLAST!! & I made & ate some GREAT food - thanks guys:) - you're the best!

This "puppy chow", as Nancy and I call it, is the BEST!  Really yummy & really easy to make:) You may have had it before (under another name, perhaps??), and if you have you'll remember how delicious it was!-  TRY IT OUT!! Grammy thinks it's so good, she wants me to bag it and sell it:)

SO, let me start where I left off............... (and of couse share this deeeeelicious recipe) .......
What's St. Patrick's Day without a little corn beef and cabbage, right?  And DID I have some.. About six different meals and helpings of it!  - I KNOW!!!!!! (maybe I will cut back on my meat now:)
I have to say hands down, my mom's was the best! (but I didn't get to try Aunt Karen's, so I can't say!...)

AND of course, it's not really St. Patrick's Day without some some of Katie & Tyler's green jello shots to get you goin'!


these take a lot of concentration.

Now, without further ado, let me cut to the chase and give you the recipe.  I can't take all the credit, I did get it from the website at chex.com:  Chex recipe.   And, I did have a little help from two lovely ladies;)  

Can you believe that Chex now makes gluten free cereal???? I was amazed too!  Of course, Aunt Lynn found it & brought it home for me! - and thanks Emily for reminding me how good this stuff is:)


"Muddy Buddies", really "Puppy Chow", AKA "Reindeer Ears"
1.  Pour 9 cups of gluten-free chex into a large mixing bowl.

2.  Now, chex.com says use a microwave here (but you all know how I feel about THOSE!), so we used Grammy's double boiler.  Heat up the water, and add to the top pot: 1/2 cup of peanut butter (or other nut butter), 1 cup allergy-friendly chocolate chips, and 1/4 cup vegan soy-free butter substitute.


3.  Heat mixture over double boiler until it is smooth.  Now remove from heat and stir in 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.


4.  Pour the whole mixture over the chex cereal and stir.


5.  Pour it all into a large re-sealable plastic bag and add 1 and 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.   Shake it up!

Katie reeeeeallly loves it!

6.  Pour onto wax paper to cool.  WE also added in some of Grammy's dried cranberries - you could also add nuts, raisins, other dried fruits, etc.....Store in airtight container & ENjoy!

This will really get your gluten-free sugar craving! ~ Thanks Grammy and Katie for the help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment