Spring is in the air......

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Decadent Gluten-Free Brownies

HAPPY FAT TUESDAY!!!!!


To keep the week of shared recipes going, I have to share a FAT brownie recipe with you.  This one came by way of another one of the great chefs in my life - my mom!!  I can honestly say that I have never been afraid to try cooking anything because of her!  


She is always experimenting and trying new recipes.  And her food is always Deeelicious!  She sent this one to me -  adapted from a delicious recipe from my Aunt Karen (another great chef!) -  to make it gluten and vegan!






DECADENT GLUTEN-FREE BROWNIES


1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour (i used brown rice flour)
1/3 cup cocoa powder - sift if lumpy
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup applesause - no cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon oil, scant 1/4 water or milk (i used 1/4 c and i think it was too much)  - this is your eggwhite
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup choc chips
1 cup walnuts - large chop

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees - spray 8 X 8 or 9 X 9 inch pan.
2.  Mix all ingredients - then stir in the chocolate chips & walnuts at the end (I used pecans & they were delicious!)
2.  Karen's recipe says to bake 20-22 minutes - Nancy baked hers for 25-26 min - the middle wasn't as well done as the outside, but there aren't any eggs so they can't be 'raw'.  enjoy!!  






In Nancy's words: :"I think you chocolate lovers are going to devour these!"  And we DID!!  All of the chocolate lovers scarfed them for desert last night and I think there's some crumbs left:)..........

Thanks Fancy Nance - these are great!!

2 comments:

  1. so glad you liked these brownies - they are pretty much
    always delicious and definitely satisfy that chocolate
    need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the recipe - they were delicious!! & full of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete